Type: Mind-Body relaxation and visualisation therapy.
Benefits: For women who are trying to fall pregnant through Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) like IVF or ICSI.
Structure: Includes powerful relaxation and visualization sessions to optimise fertility. Each guided process is supported by technically enhanced music to reduce stress. Each track is designed to optimise your body’s response to the fertility treatment through each phase of your cycle whilst reducing stress and anxiety levels which could interfere with fertility .
Format: MP3 & CD
Click play to hear a sample:
The Optimum Fertility and Mind Body Stress Reduction Audio Programme is a pioneering listening experience designed to be listened to once or twice daily around the phases of your IVF or ICSI cycle.
A number of studies have shown the benefits that mind body programmes can have on fertility by reducing stress levels and increasing pregnancy rates.
Each track in this audio programme starts by guiding you into a state of peaceful relaxation assisting your mind and body to become more receptive to the therapeutic processes that follow. This is followed by the powerful process of guided visualizations, affirmations, metaphor and subconscious suggestion techniques. Thoughts and emotions that may be present at this time are also addressed. This audio programme makes use of tranquil music, enhanced with audio technologies, specifically designed to facilitate optimal states of receptivity and relaxation.
Track 2 explains how to use this audio programme
Tracks 3 to 7 are designed to be listened to once or twice a day around the specific phase of your IVF or ICSI cycle
Track 8 is a general health, wellbeing and immune balancing session that can be listened to at anytime during your cycle and as often as you like
Using this recording is not a substitute for medical or mental health care; but will provide support and assist with a more positive attitude in what may be a very difficult, frustrating and stressful journey while trying to conceive a child. This recording aims to bring about positive changes in your body by optimising your fertility and reducing stress and anxiety levels through the mind body connection as you access the vast reservoir of resources inside you. The multitude of benefits that accompanies the experience of listening to this recording really does need to be heard to be believed.
Read supporting article: Fertility enhancement through Hypnotherapy
- In 2006, in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, woman’s fertlity expert, Dr Berga reported that women who did not ovulate had excessive levels of cortisol, a stress hormone, in the brain fluid. A cascade of events, beginning with stress, leads to reduced levels of two hormones crucial for ovulation.
- One study proved that women who were not stressed and/or depressed before starting IVF treatment had a conception rate twice as high as women who were stressed and/or depressed before treatment (Thiering, Beaurepaire, Jones & Saunders, 1993)
- Dr Marilyn Glenville, PHD, Author of ‘Getting Pregnant Faster and Natural Solutions to Infertility’, explains in her book that there is enough evidence to suggest that Hypnotherapy has an effect on fertility as it utilises the power of the mind to work for you rather than against you, is helpful in reducing stress levels and addresses emotional blockages at the sub-conscious level. She further adds that Hypnotherapy helps deal with any concerns or doubts that a woman may have about her future role as a mother.
- In a study with women undergoing donor sperm insemination, those with higher levels of anxiety prior to undergoing inseminations took significantly longer to conceive (Demyttenaere, Nijs, Steeno and Koninckx, 1988)
- Recent studies conducted at Harvard Medical School on 184 women going through relaxation training for infertility: 55% had a viable pregnancy within one year, compared to only 20% of the control group achieving a viable pregnancy.
- According to Dr Alan Beer, MD, in his book “Is Your Body Baby Friendly”, Mind Body Therapy (ie, Hypnotherapy) can help reduce the immune system burden and assist in the release of negative emotions.
- Research has shown that women undergoing treatment for infertility have a similar, and often higher, levels of stress as women dealing with life-threatening illnesses such as cancer and heart disease, according to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. In addition, they report that “infertile couples experience chronic stress each month, first hoping that they will conceive and then dealing with the disappointment if they do not. When diagnosed with infertility, many couples may no longer feel in control of their bodies or their life plan. Infertility can be a major crisis because of the important life goal of parenthood is threatened.
“After 4 early miscarriages and 18 IVF’s I finally have a baby girl. So I’m no stranger to infertility. On our last attempt at IVF we tried everything including a very new medication in the treatment of infertility as well as Hypnotherapy. I found Hypnotherapy really helped me to relax and at the same time focus on my body and the process of IVF. I think that the Optimum Fertility & Stress Reduction Mind Body audio-programme will really help women reduce their stress levels as it uses both Hypnotherapy and Visualisation focused around the stages of a women’s reproductive cycle and can be used daily to provide support.” – H. Joseph, South Africa
“When listening to Jevon´s voice, I have the feeling that he is right there to support me. This alone is very moving! I have been listening to the audio program as recommended, and these sessions have been the most beautiful minutes of my day! Within a few minutes of listening, I’m able to relax and can simply focus on myself and my body, which during my hectic daily schedule is usually not possible. I always feel great while listening, sensing an inner strength and calm. Most of all, I’m now able to completely trust that my body knows what´s best for me. Whatever will be, I feel that everything is in perfect balance and exactly as it is meant to be. This is an indescribably beautiful feeling, and at the same time very relieving because it allows me to simply let go.” – S. Wüst, Germany
“I see the Optimal Fertility & Stress Reduction Mind Body Audio Programme as being helpful in that its focus is on promoting relaxation and reduction of stress which in turn will improve immune system compliance. I think that the mind body connection plays an important role in self healing.”
– Dr Jeffrey Braverman M.D. FACOG- Director of Reproductive Immunology, Wykoff Medical Center, New York
Get the MP3: €27.-
Get the CD: €33.- + shipping