Rapport is a term used to describe when two or more people feel in sync or on the same wavelength because they feel alike in some way.
Rapport is the quality of harmony, recognition and mutual acceptance that exists between people when they are at ease with one another and where communication is occurring easily.
Rapport is an essential basis for successful communication – if there is no rapport there is no (real) communication!
Building rapport is one of the most fundamental sales techniques. In sales, rapport is used to build relationships with others quickly and to gain their trust and confidence. In order to be effective in coaching, training and therapy, rapport is essential.
When there is rapport between people, there is a relationship based on trust and mutual responsiveness.
In this video Jevon compares and demonstrates a variety of skills and intentions that will enable you to rapidly gain rapport with individuals and groups.
1. What was your greatest learning from this video?
2. Which area(s) of your life can be improved by applying what you’ve learned from this video?
3. What steps will you take to implement your learnings from this video in order to make positive changes in the area(s) of your life stated in your answer to question 2?
4. How will you apply what you’ve learned from this video in your professional occupation in order to enhance your effectiveness and/or communication skills?
5. What other information have you gathered on the subject of this video that deepens your understanding of this subject?
6. How does the main subject of this video tie in with, or support what you have learned from the other videos in this series?